Daily Archives: April 7, 2015

Family of 8 Killed by Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Maryland

Overcome with sadness –choking on it

TIME

A father and his seven children found dead inside a Maryland home were poisoned by carbon monoxide from a generator they were using because they could not keep up with their electricity bills, relatives and a friend said.

Rodney Todd Sr., 36, and his seven kids, aged 6 to 16, were found by officers in the southern Maryland peninsula town of Princess Anne on Monday, police said.

Todd’s mother and stepfather, Bonnie and Lloyd Edwards, told The Associated Press that a utility firm had cut off his electricity because of an outstanding bill.

“To keep his seven children warm, [Todd] bought a generator,” Lloyd Edwards told the AP. “It went out and the carbon monoxide consumed them.”

Read the rest of the story from our partners at NBC News

View original post